Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 5, Part 1 - American Museum of Natural History

 Jamie & Rachel have seriously amazing views out of their windows!!  Kyla kept staring too!

We stopped by the same food truck for the 3rd time, ha!  The breakfast rolls were seriously amazing.  We tried the ham, bacon, and sausage, and they were all great.  I think the ham was my favorite, but I'd gladly eat any of them right this minute!   They cook it right there after you order, but it's super quick, I think the key to them being so good & quick is a super hot griddle.  2 eggs, meat, 2 slices of cheese, a big roll, and they wrapped it in foil & put it in a paper bag.  Seriously amazing.

 And they're huge too!  YUM!

Rachel & Audrie headed out with us (Rachel had the day off because it was Martin Luther King Day).

Kyla took this and the lighting was poor so it's not great, but I actually think it's the only one I have of us together from the whole trip, so here it is!

 Sweet, happy girls!!!

Doesn't this look just like the Cosby Show?!  That's what these houses remind me of :)

 Our destination was the American Museum of Natural History.  You may have seen it in the first "Night at the Museum" movie, which I did remember to have the kids watch before we left.

There were all kinds of diorama things, both life size and tiny, just like in the movie.

Kyla was a little alarmed at the size of the whale hanging there.  I told her it had been hanging there a very long time and hadn't fallen yet, and she immediately replied "Okay then, if it's very old that's even more reason to be worried!" and then laughed :)



Lots of dino bones here!

 And eggs...Kyla was really interested in the dinosaur eggs for some reason...


I was so super excited that my college roommate Natalya from Kazakhstan lives close, and was able to meet us with her daughter Alexa, that's 5.

Here we are, thanks to Kyla for the photo, I love it!!





 LOVE it! 

 Lots to look at....we pretty much just wandered and looked at stuff.



 You may remember him from the movie also :)


 Seriously, could they be any cuter?



Thanks again to Natalya & Alexa for meeting us!  They walked out with us to get a taxi (Rachel & Audrie took the train home for naptime) and we were off.  The girls just talked and talked, and had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment