Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 6 part 2 - Times Square!

Kyla wanted to go back to Times Square for our last morning there, since we didn't go into any of the places when we walked through at night with Bob & Sue (although the lights were much more impressive then).

She loved the M&M's sign, it had all kinds of animated little movie things playing.

And, she loves the birds, ha!


We watched them changing one of the huge signs, which was kind of cool.  One of the men working was talking to me about Arkansas, and said he's always wanted to go there to go deer hunting, ha!






 The Mary Poppins Theater....I went back and forth and back and forth about going to a musical while we were there, and finally decided not to.  We had SO much stuff we wanted to do otherwise, and the good Broadway traveling Mary Poppins is coming here to Arkanasas in April, which was the definite first choice for both of us to see.....so we ended up not.  And I bought tickets today for Kyla, Nathan, & I to all go see it when it comes here for less than what one ticket would have cost me in NYC (although still expensive).  And I tried to talk Samuel into going with us, but couldn't.....and I'm sure he's going to regret it, but he's a big boy & can make his own decision I guess, ha!!

 The Toys 'r Us in Times Square has a 3-story ferris wheel inside of it!  Kyla was super, super excited about it, she didn't remember riding a ferris wheel before.




Pretty cool!  We didn't really look in the store more than we had to go get out anyway, I didn't really like the store, it reminded me of Toys 'R Us here, just bigger.  FAO Schwarz was a much, much nicer store I thought.

 Good Morning America studios!


GMA from the outside....

 Good Morning America again....we didn't quite make it in time for the live broadcast, but I knew Kyla would be interested in the diner than that :)

 There was a brand new Disney store that had just opened.

They had some neat displays too, of course.


1 comment: